Solar Lamp Reflection

Solar lamp reflection

Our project was to create a solar lamp, and my group and i decided to create a pineapple lamp.The reason we chose to create these lamp was really random, on the first class we were just trying ti draw and then my teammate drew a pineapple and we all agreed that will be cool, then we had to put in the measurements which was 20cm  for the length and 10cm for the width, We decided to 3d print it and we took it to our teacher and she approved of it, but then we could not 3d print it because it will be so long to 3d print it, Then we decide to be creative and use anything close-by and stress free. As we were looking through the room, i brought up the idea that we could use a jar for the body and my teammate Tamzin decided we use a jar for the top of the pineapple and then we could paint the body yellow and the top green, we all agreed to this and we started walking on our lamp.

The important thing about these activity was to give us better understanding on the unit, it served as an activity to cover up the whole unit. In these unit we learnt about electricity, how it works, why it is important, why humans and living things need it and why individuals  need it for life. We have to learn how to make electricity and how it works even for the future generation.img_20161118_133523

I know i did well because our solar lamp really protects the battery, It is way down the bottom of the jar and it is not hanging because we made the wires long enough so that there will be space and we will be sure of our work. Even though the batteries had short wires we used the extra wires and made them longer by soldering and insulating the wires

The lamp is mostly functional we tried turning on the switch, it did work out and it was bright but not as bright as it is when it is not in anything. It is quite obvious that the reason the light isn’t that bright is because it is in a jar at the bottom of the jar, so basically it is upside down which doesn’t really have an effect on the circuit. We painted it with thick yellow color so it looks like a pineapple, it also has a plastic pineapple top, so this are somethings i will like to change next time so that the lamp really shines without the thick yellow and not put the light upside in the jar.

Our solar lamp really protects the battery, It is way down the bottom of the jar and it is not hanging because we made the wires long enough so that there will be space and we will be sure of our work. Even though the batteries had short wires we used the extra wires and made them longer by soldering and insulating the wires. The solar panel is positioned in a way that it will consume a lot of light. Our solar panel went on top of the pineapple in the upper part. At first we thought that our solar panel should go down and be tilted that way the light will shine on the plastic and get enough light, but then we remembered that it is supposed to go in the bottom of the lamp meaning the jar which is glass, till the idea came up that we can actually glue it to the top of the pineapple.

Some materials we used are a resistor,  a diode that was connected to the solar panel, a jar, a tin, wires, a battery.img_20161122_100810 img_20161128_084115

3 thoughts on “Solar Lamp Reflection

1. That was a very interesting discovery about learning knowledge about the new words. That is a very good thing that you got credits from your pops.

2. I have made a Solar Lamp before, and it did not work out but, i hope yours did and do you have lots of Solar power there or not? I am great at sewing how about you?

1. Hi. My name is Ruqayya, what about you? The solar lamp I made did work and we have a lot of solar energy here. It’s usually always sunny here. I tried sewing back in 6th grade and I ended up injuring myself a lot of times and so I stopped but I hope to learn how to sew. I write a lot though. D you?