SBC #8 Count Out Three

For this week, the people participating in SBC (Student Blogging Challenge) were given 5 choices of activities. I decided to go for Activity 3: “Write A Post About the Commenting.” This basically meant participants have to summarize the challenges and successes they have faced through the comments they’ve left on the pages of fellow SBC participants.

For me, something I have enjoyed about commenting is getting to know about people. Reading experiences that are relatable and knowing that I am not the only one who has gone through a particular phase of life is quite amusing. And replying with my own experience just to get another reply with the same story or another commenter with a similar story. I also like to chat with different people. I am a really sociable person. Feel free to drop a comment! Also, I’ve gotten close to two participants where we follow each other on social media too.

Something annoying about commenting is the long paragraph or paragraphs we have to write. There are certain rules we have to use when commenting. We as teenagers can’t use our normal language. Shortcuts (u, idk, fr, idc) are cut off. The comments have to be really formal and we can’t express ourselves that way. We don’t get to know each other well. Because every comment has the same expectations, we write our comments in the same way and express our ideas in the same way too which makes us look all the same when we actually have different personalities. In my opinion, this is a Utopia. But that is how school works.

I find interesting posts to read by surfing the Flipboard magazine. Sometimes, when I find an interesting comment on a post, I click on the username and decide to read some posts and then I click on the username of another interesting comment and keep on going like that. Twice, I talked with a friend on the blogs and we kind of shared usernames. She gave me some usernames of people who had interesting posts and I did the same. So basically, we exchanged usernames.

Like I said earlier, comments are the same just the content is different but the model is the same. I have gotten a lot of quality comments thanks to Ms. W, some participants and youtube videos who teach us how to write and identify quality comments. My posts don’t have that many comments like my friend who has about 500 comments because her page was once featured on the SBC page or no comments like my other friend who doesn’t write every day but the comments I receive are friendly, interesting and succint.

Feel free to comment!